Consumer Rights and Responsibilities 1.7 & 1.8
Need to Know
Students should be able to answer the following questions:
What are the characteristics/behaviours of a good consumer?
· What responsibilities do we have as consumers?
· What does the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 say about goods?
· What does the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 say about services?
· Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 the contract of sale is between….
· What forms of redress are available to a consumer under Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980?
· How does the Consumer Protection Act 2007 protect consumers?
o What does it say about goods/services/prices?
· What is the role of the CCPC?
· Explain the Small Claims procedure
· What is the role of the Ombudsman?
· What is the role of the ASAI?
· What is competition between businesses good for consumers?
· What is a false economy?
o Give an example
· Explain what is meant by the concept of globalisation
· Identify two factors that have allowed globalisation to develop
· Why is Ireland attractive to Transnational companies
· What are the benefits and drawbacks of globalisation for Irish consumers?